Express Your Global Citizenship.
Join the United Nations Association.
Drafted in the tone and spirit of the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights, the United Nations Charter and Universal Declaration of Human Rights reflect the American theme that all the world's people are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. What better way to express one's patriotism than to support our nation's participation in the organization we helped establish in our own image?
Through the work of the United Nations Association of New York and the over 125 community-based chapters around the country, UNA-USA creates a powerful national constituency for a United Nations that advances American interests in a global system. Among the benefits of joining the United Nations Association is the opportunity to connect with the critical issues confronted by the UN — from global health and human rights, to the spread of democracy, equitable sustainable development, and international justice.
What UNA-NY Members Enjoy . . .
- Access to Members-only programs as well as an exclusive community of international people
- Guaranteed seating, and free or reduced admission, for most events
- The Worldview Institute
- Meet famous authors, filmmakers and ambassadors
- Film screenings, book events and special panel presentations
- Career events
Other benefits include:
- Discounts on all UNA-USA publications
- Discounts on selected UN Publications (titles available upon request)
- The exclusive opportunity to attend UNA-USA's annual "Members Day at the United Nations"
- Membership card and United Nations backgrounder
- Special reports from foreign policy experts and UNA-USA leaders
- Invitations to participate in local briefings and seminars offered by UNA-USA's Chapters and Divisions in 125 communities nationwide
- Information on participating in major UN events
- Contacts with members of other UN Associations in 80 nations worldwide
- Access to the UNA Townhall Discussion Forum
There are several levels of membership available — please select the level that best matches your intent, as well as your means!
- $1,000 | Lifetime
- $500 | Patron
- $100 | Sponsor
- $50 | Regular
- $25 | Introductory/Fixed Income
- FREE | Student
Join Us Today!
Join online using your credit card at the website of UNA-USA (United Nations Association of the United States of America). NOTE: When filling out the online form, "122 - NY - New York City" from the scroll-down menu.
Make a Contribution to UNA-NY
If you wish to make a tax-deductible contribution to the United Nations Association of New York, click on the "donate" button:
We need a surge in diplomacy for peace. The international community spends much more time and resources managing crises than preventing them. I believe prevention must be not only a priority, but the priority of everything we do. That means we need a huge cultural change to affirm the centrality of prevention.
The causes of conflict are complex and increasingly interlinked. To tackle them we need a comprehensive perspective that encompasses the three pillars of UN action: peace and security, sustainable development, and human rights. Given its wide scope, the UN is in a unique position to connect the dots and take the lead in facing this collective challenge, with the primary objective of preventing and combating human suffering. We need an integrated UN, not a fragmented one.
United Nations Secretary-General